FSSAI is an abbreviation used for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI license is mandatory before starting any food business. All the manufacturers, traders, restaurants who are involved in food business must obtain a 14-digit registration or a license number which must be printed on food packages.
This step is taken by goverment’s food licensing & registration system to ensure that food products undergo certain quality checks, thereby reducing the instances of adulteration, substandard products and improve accountability of manufacturers by issuing food service license. FSSAI Online Registration is done through BIZNESADVISOR (FSSAI license consultants).
Documents required to obtain FSSAI License
- Declaration form
- Authority letter
- Copy of Property paper (If owned property)
- Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property)
- Food Safety Management System plan or certificate
- Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card of Proprietor/ Partners/ Director
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution
Additional document for Manufacturer
- Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit
- List of Equipment and Machinery
- List of food category desired to be manufactured
- Pesticide residues report of water
- Upload Production unit photograph
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India with the vision of maintaining food hygiene standards.
Every business that enters into the food industry, directly or indirectly, requires FSSAI registration or license to start a business under food industry.
Yes, On successful registration under FSSAI you will receive digital copy of certificate,
The validity of FSSAI Registration/License is varied from 1-5 years.
FSSAI Registration is required when your annual turnover does not exceed INR 12 Lacs otherwise FSSAI License is required.
Yes, you would require a separate license for each kind of products you are dealing in.
There is different threshold limit for the different kind of food processing units. To check your eligibility click here